Monday, October 20, 2008

Deployment...

Well...it finally happened. It seemed it was so far away months ago when we were in AZ, and then I took a breath and it was here. Aaron left FL last Thursday and headed for Savannah to finalize a few things with his company's items. They had formation at 7pm Saturday evening and deployed for Iraq at 1 am on Sunday morning.
He was in Germany yesterday morning when I spoke with him, and he had already arrived at the Ft. in Kuwait when he called last night. He had showered, shaved and already eaten breakfast at 11:25 EST.
His 1st Sgt. was showing him the lay of the land...where they will be for the next few weeks before heading into Iraq.
We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers you ALL have sent us! Even though we don't particularly like the sandy road God has us on, we will make it through it...I have my dust buster in hand...although this much sand and dust might require my Dyson!
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

The Atkins said...

the good part is now you can start counting down!!!